Welcome to the Kazakhstan Adoptive Families web site! I am Terri Gaines, mother to two boys adopted from Ust-Kamenogorsk in the spring of 2006. I have recently taken over ownership of the site in an effort to preserve the valuable information found here.
Post placement report alert:
Have you turned in your post-placement reports? Kazakhstani officials are attempting to locate PPRs that they believe to be missing. Tracking down these missing reports may help to re-open adoption, and it shows Kazakhstani officials that adopted children are doing well in their new homes. If you are an American parent of an adopted Kazakh child and would like to check whether you are on the list of missing PPRs, please send your child's date-of-birth to email@example.com and we will check the list for you! If there is a DOB match, we can then cross-check region and birth name. The list of missing reports does not include the child's adopted name or adoptive parents' names for privacy reasons, so we can't check using that information. Thank you for your assistance!
While this site is designed for families who want to adopt or who have adopted from Kazakhstan, there is information for anyone wanting to learn more about the country, culture and language.
Within this site you will find information about Kazakhstan and lots of links to other websites "" that have information. The Kazakh language section is unique for the Internet; it contains the largest list of words/phrases and names available online. You will also find information related to international adoption from Kazakhstan: the process, the trip, and what happens once you are home. While some of the information is specific for those living in the US, some information for other countries has been included as well; the Kazakhstan requirements are the same. The Travel section is geared toward adoption travel, although it applies to anyone going to Kazakhstan and/or traveling with children.
If you have any suggestions or comments, please e-mail me . I welcome any additional web sites that you have found and would like to correct any problems as soon as possible.
- SITE INDEX/MAP is a listing of every page on the site. Look here to see what has been added "" in the last month.
- ABOUT me and this website.
- KAZAKHSTAN: general information, specialized sites, maps, news, magazine articles, link-only sites, cities, other cultures, cooking and recipes, music, videos and TV shows.
- LANGUAGE: Kazakh language books and courses, words and phrases, Kazakh and ethnic names; Russian language and sources; teaching children English.
- ADOPTION: pre-adoption process and paperwork, the adoption trip, post adoption, frequently asked questions, ways to maintain a cultural connection, adopting while living in other countries, adoption resources, adoption songs and poems.
- FAMILIES web pages: web pages written by adoptive families.
- TRAVEL: general information, hotels, internet cafes, airlines, airports, travel agents, packing.
This web site was created on 3 November 2000 as Kazakhstan and Adoption, and renamed/moved on 20 March 2004.
Website last modified on 27 January 2016.
| | | |